Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shepard Trip!!!

Last week-end Noah and I enjoyed a short visit with Andrew & Rebecca & Justice. The goal for Saturday was planting; bushes, shrubs, mini trees, flowers, trees etc.....
Justice is growing up so fast, and I got a little shutter happy. :)

Justice resting in the shade after some 'hard work planting'.

Justice found this water-gun at a garage sale and fell in love with it. It was nearly as big as him, and impossible to carry once filled with water!! Don't worry, you'll grow into it Justice!!

Justice on the dirt pile.

"We have lotsa projects for this dirt. But right now it's just for fun."

C-U-T-E!!

Wheelbarrow full of plants.

Justice wasn't convinced that he wanted to hold the gigantic worm we found!

Justice loves helping, he has his own set of tools!

Digging.

Helping Uncle Noah.

Smiling Boy!

Helping move manure.

Taking a moment to empty the dirt out of his sandals.

Sunny Smiles.

Lil' Helper.

Inspecting owies.

Transporting plants.

Justice loves riding in the back of the trailer!!

"Why are we planting 'pricklies'?"

Carrying plants.

Where's Justice??

Strong boy!!

Planting.
Apparently, Andrew and I are better at babysitting than we are at planting. :)
Rebecca is a very precise gardener. She has a spot for every single plant, and has her gardens color and size cordinated (although you'd never guess, it just looks as if it grew that way!!). "Oh, could you plant that just 1 inch to the right??" We planted a zillion plants and 4 trees. After we had finished and were standing back viewing our labors, she let out a sigh. "Oh, I just realized that one tree is taller that the other one.................." Sorry dear, there's not much we can do about that. :)
The finished product.
(I forgot to take a 'before' picture, but it was previously a bare patch of dirt.)
Thanks for the wonderful visit-- we're looking forward to coming again sometime!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, some photographer really loves to take pictures of her nephew!!! (...Just kidding! I know I would too if I had one...):P He is so cute! And such a hard worker! Glad you had a great time!
Lord bless,
Kourtney

Hannah Michelle said...

These are such great pictures, Elizabeth! I love how they tell a story. =)

Haha, I saw that one picture was like, "who's the guy in the sunglasses?!" and then realized it was Noah...oh dear. =P

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, he is getting SO BIG!!!! And what a cutie!! I love all your captions under the pictures - they're so perfect!!

The landscaping looks wonderful! I would have absolutely no clue where I wanted everything to go! Great job, guys!

Love,
Aliisa