Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Justice on the dirt pile.
"We have lotsa projects for this dirt. But right now it's just for fun."
Rebecca is a very precise gardener. She has a spot for every single plant, and has her gardens color and size cordinated (although you'd never guess, it just looks as if it grew that way!!). "Oh, could you plant that just 1 inch to the right??" We planted a zillion plants and 4 trees. After we had finished and were standing back viewing our labors, she let out a sigh. "Oh, I just realized that one tree is taller that the other one.................." Sorry dear, there's not much we can do about that. :)
Friday, June 12, 2009
Currently our family is in a flurry of packing and tying up things here at home to accommodate a 7-10 day trip. The funeral will be Sunday night in New York, so our family plans to leave early this evening and drive straight through to our Aunt's.
- Comfort and Peace for Mom and her siblings as they grieve the loss of their Mother.
- Scheduling and Travel Plans: With multiple work schedules and commitments in our family, planning the trip on short notice is a bit challenging. Pray for wisdom and flexibility.
- Rebecca and Lydia are currently flying out to attend the funeral and be with the extended family during this time. This will likely be the last time they get to see cousins and family from Mom's side. We're grateful that they will be able to be there. Pray for their families as they spend a couple of days without Mom.
- Traveling Safety: We're anticipating a 48 hour round-trip, with extra driving time in New York City. Please pray that the Lord would bless and protect us as we travel, and give our drivers attentiveness and alertness. With 5 drivers, it'll be a much faster trip than in the 'old days' when Dad and Mom were the only drivers.
- Mechanical Soundness in the Bus: The bus is just out of the repair shop, and ready for the trip. Pray that the bus would run well with no mechanical failures, and we wouldn't be delayed by car trouble.
- We are currently in the midst of our busy chicken season and have 600 birds on the property. Many of them are outside in pens, which have to be monitored closely for predator invasions. The chores are time-consuming and can take up to 4 hours a day, just for the chickens, not including the other animals we have here on the farm. Our neighbors have graciously offered to take care of chores for us while we're gone, and the boys will be doing them when they are home as well. Pray that things would go smoothly; that there wouldn't be any predator problems and no major bird losses while we are away.
Thank-you for your prayers!!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
In 1997, Grandpa and Grandma moved from New York City, to a nursing home not far from our family. Grandma's health was deteriorating so rapidly, Grandpa, whose own health was fading, could no longer care for her on his own. Grandpa passed away in 1999, and we wondered if Grandma might swiftly follow.
But through it all, she lived her life for one purpose, and one purpose alone; to glorify the Father. She didn't come to know of His saving grace until later in her life, but her zeal for Him, her love for His truth shines through everything that she did in those later years.
Tuesday, June 09, 2009
And the new trivia is..........
Monday, June 08, 2009
So many little people!!
"I could keep talking, but it's really hot out here." :)
Ellie's captive audience!
Presentation of her diploma.