Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sledding with Stangls!!


Despite the cold and wind, all of us children except the two youngest in each family enjoyed several hours of sledding Saturday afternoon.
Coming from 'flat' Kansas, our younger children had never been sledding except when following a tractor!! They soon discovered that speeding down a steep hill is every bit as exhilarating as flying around behind a tractor!
The snow was packed down, and had formed a thin layer of ice, which made for a fast descent and limited steering capabilities. :)
It became a game to see how many people we could fit on the sled at one time; it helped to have a lot of smaller persons to cram onto the sled!


Climbing back up for another slide....


Seth...


Esther preferred to go down the hill minus the sled; which worked great until she hit the ramp..........:)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Ansons said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there. I have not done "real" sledding for a looooong time! Oh, I love the dress-up pictures in the other post. It looks like hats are all the fashion!
LA

Anonymous said...

I guess I need to revise my previous statement......she can cook, she can sew, and she can slide down a hill without a sled. That Esther is something else!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, looks like fun!! We haven't gone sledding yet this year. Hopefully soon . . . .

~Aliisa~