Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Making Memories to last a Lifetime!

Last week we got an abundance of rain which caused flooding and lots of mud!!! On Monday afternoon, our children tried to decide what to do with their guests. They proposed walking to the river, but it had just been out of it's banks, and would be deep enough to be dangerous, so that idea was discarded. They finally decided to go to the canyon in our pasture for a mud fight. They had a glorious time!! And since pictures truly are worth a thousand words, I'll let these do the talking for me!!

Before they headed out on the expedition!

A slight warning of what lay ahead!

Trail breakers!

Mud up to your ankles..

"Oh yeah folks, we're getting muddy!!" :)

Exploring!

"Whew, there's a lot of mud out here!"

"What can we do with all this mud?!?!

The clay walls of the canyon made a perfect slide once they got wet. They built a dam to pool the water into, and you can imagine what they did with it. :)
Waiting for their turns.
Poor Silas got too cold in the water!

It's what you call a mud pit!

The whole muddy crew!!

"It's cold and muddy down here-- so much fun!!"

Working to repair the dam.

Go Katy!

The bigger they are, the bigger the splash!

Watch out!!!

Moses!

The adults looking on, calculating how long it will take to get everyone cleaned up!!

"How many of us can slide down simultaneously??!?!"

Shivering and smiling!

"This is way fun!!" :)

Using boots to transport water to wet down the slide.

Mud, Mud, Mud........

and more mud!!

That's Noah in that cloud of muddy water!
Looks like this little boy is enjoying it!
" Never, never, never let your friends style your hair!!"

"Let get you all cleaned up (surprise attack with the hose)!!"

Waiting for their turn with the shower!

Initial clean-up.

Brrrrr!!

Scrubbing clothes....

After they got home-- thoroughly muddy!



To see short clips of their fun, follow the two links below!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf3fRsYAT4Y

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5hvL7QhAx64

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are SOME pictures! The one of Noah and his "do" really cracked me up.....so funny! (It's Signature Sound style, too!)
Love to all,
Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

P.S. Great FREE fun!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Ewwwww!!! Yuckeeeee

Sorry, that's just what I was thinking as I looked at the pictures!
If I had been there, I guess it might have been fun...maybe.

Did Esther pass on all that fun?

Elizabeth, you were quite brave to go down there with a camera! How in the world did you keep it clean??? :)

Anonymous said...

Actually Bryant, it wasn't too hard to keep the camera clean because I stayed way back to keep myself clean!! :) Yes, Esther passed on the fun, but she was sorely tempted....:)
And yes it was awesome fun!! :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was an absolute BLAST!!! Next time I come for a visit, I hope it rains a lot . . . . :) The clean-up must've been especially fun!

I miss you all so much!

Love you, Elizabeth! Thanks for the great post!

Anonymous said...

You are all so muddy!
However, I'm sure it was fun! You've given us an idea! We have a creek near by... maybe we'll head down there when the weather is hot and get a "little dirty" ourselves!
Lord bless,
Kourtney

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Talk about WAY Fun!!! This is a hysterical post Elizabeth, and I was SO happy to see a new post when I got on here! I'll have to see if I can get the U-Tube clips to load! But you know us, and dial-up! I remember going to the canon when I was there, but it wasn't in such a state! That would be so.... much fun, and I can just see myself doing it with y'all! Esther passing up all the fun! I can't believe it! Well can't wait till it's our turn to visit in a couple of weeks! Love, and missing ya tons!!

Love,
Your Way Good Friend!!=)

P.S. I was so proud of you wording on the blog!=) That's as hysterical as the post! Though I must say Tabitha was the worst! I could barely reconize her!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Poor... Silas!!! I felt so sorry for the little guy! He's usually quite the little trooper, but I can see how it was TO much for him! I'm sure you took good care of him though!

Klahn Family said...

I've enjoyed seeing all your recent posts, Elizabeth. It's made me miss you and Noah all the more - since you two are the only ones we've gotten to know at all.

I have to say that I would have been sorely tempted to slide in the mud myself, had I been there. LOL

And I'm with you guys on the cooked spinach. I've even tried a mashed potato casserole with spinach that I had to give away because it just didn't mask the taste enough.

Ah, and ABC gum . . . tell your mom that she brings back so many good memories of growing up. And now I'm off to "teach" my youngsters the finer things that they're missing by not going to public school - gum under the desk.

Love and hugs to all,
Mrs. Klahn

In His Image Photography said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ladygreen said...

Wow...that looks like great fun!

In His Image Photography said...

What great pictures!
It was so much fun to have a photographer along with us~
He got some really good ones!
Yesterday we were reminiscing about what we had been doing a week prior.
Thanks again for having us!
Talk to you later.....

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, you know me well!! And yes, I agree with you, you HAVE to come up this summer!! Any ideas as to when . . .??

Missin' you TERRIBLY!
Love you,
Aliisa

Hillary Hipps said...

We have so done that! We had a permanent mud slide though. It worked with out a hitch until it started wearing holes in the behinds of our pants...not happy!

Anonymous said...

EEEWWWWWWW!! That much mud is just gross. But it does look fun...in a muddy, gross sort of way. I'm a city girl for a reason. LOL

A couple notes -

Esther, you could draw some great parallels to resisting temptation and staying "spotless" hahaha.

Nice hair, Noah.

Miss you guys BUNCHES!

Anonymous said...

Well Elizabeth look what type of posts get the most attention!!! This is crazy!! You break you record for the most comments on a post about a mud slide!=) Though I can see why!! It is hysterically funny---like WAAAAAY funny!!! You know what I mean???!!=) Better be going! Just wanted to leave a quick note to say I'm missing you tons, and the next two weeks, can not go by fast enough! I'm praying for you!

Love, and Miss Ya TONS!
The One and Only!=)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures--Esp. the "after" ones. Fun fun!

Anonymous said...

WHY?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

It looks like somebody has too much time on their hands. Does anyone what to come up and help shovel gravel, stain windows, or pour cement?
Just kidding! A little fun (rather lots of fun) is always good. Did you all come back with your shoes?
When we did that, some of us returned barefoot.

Anonymous said...

So, is this the most comments you've ever had on a post, Elizabeth?? I thought I'd make it an even 20!!

I miss you TERRIBLY!!! Love ya!
Ali

The Weddles said...

Gotta love the simple things of life!!

What a great post.

Allyn and Emily