Sunday, November 05, 2006

We're Done!!!!



Our butchering season is over for the year!!! No more hauling water and feed twice a day to the birds, no more feathers, no more guts.......well, you get the picture!!
We finally finished our chickens last week; thanks to the help of dear friends (thank-you SO much, Wissmanns!!) we did our last 120 birds!!! Once again Scott's plucker was indispensable, enabling us to get the birds plucked a whole lot faster then we could have by hand!!! Our butchering season always has rewards and challenges, but there is nothing like that delightful feeling of not having to butcher any more birds until spring!!!! :)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Morgan said...

So glad that the butchering time went well! Now you can enjoy the fruit of your labors!

Anonymous said...

That is so great! I can imagiane how glad you must be. ~Mandy~

Anonymous said...

Dear Ulmer Family,
I found your blog via Courtney's Contemplations where you left a comment. I just wanted to say what a blessing to see such a larg family! You don't here of that too often any more. Our family has 6 children...the first 5 girls and the sixth a boy. He is now 9 mos. old. I am the second born and am 15 years old. My dad is the pastor of Victory Baptist Church of Oakland, MD (check out our website). Nice to "meet" you!

Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

I'm glad that task is over for ya'll! Such brave souls!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm back! We arrived back from Topeka late last night (we stayed a day later than we planned), and I had SO much fun! Be checkin' my blog, I'm going to try to get some pics on there soon, but my picture computer is having tech trouble
:-(!
Love ya!
PS and guess who we saw @ Panera in Manhattan?? Emily Baltensperger Weddle! Ya, it was really cool!

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I will try to write soon. John is growing fast. You will have to come and see him!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ulmer Family! I have been checking out your blog for a few weeks now.Thanks for the pictures! Miss you all!! Lauren~

Crooked Stream said...

I mailed your letter!!!!

Bethany said...

Congratulations!! We felt honored to be there for the 'grand finalle' -- your diligence and perseverace is to be commended! Howdy from our crew!!