Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Trivia Tuesday!!

The answer to last week's trivia is.......................
--Noah--

Congratulations to those who guessed correctly!!


When Noah was 3 years old, he was bitten by a large german shepherd. She caught a lot of his face, just narrowly missing his right eye. His cheek, lips and eyebrow all required stitches-- around 50 total. When he was 11 or 12, he was bitten on both knees by our neighbors dog and had 12 stitches. And last year he has surgery on his elbow, resulting in 8 more. So his approximate total is somewhere around 70 stitches.

Andrew, Moses and Micah are also good guesses-- Moses has had stitches on his knee and eyebrow, Micah cut his finger on a machine and had stitches and Andrew has had around 50 stitches from various different scrapes.

And now to this week's trivia..........

Some time ago, there was a little girl playing with her friend, who we'll call John. John's Mom was watching all the children while our Mom was away at a prenatal. The children were having a wonderful time reading books and playing games while John's Mom made lunch. Now John had a little pair of handcuffs. Those were quite fun for the two little pals, and they would chain each-other up, then liberate themselves with a simple turn of the key. They then chained the little girl and the little boy together-- his ankle and her wrist (or possibly the other way around.......that detail is a bit fuzzy). They climbed and traipsed over everything in sight, until they suddenly found themselves in quite a fix; they were stuck up on top of a very high shelf, 5 or 6 feet off the ground. And they couldn't get down without one or both of them falling. To make matters worse, the key was no where to be found!! Frantically they tried to maneuver their way down, but to no avail. They triple checked their pockets while their siblings searched the room, but still no key!! Finally they called John's Mom to come in, but after trying, she couldn't get them down without one of them falling. (It was becoming rather urgent for them to get down and freed, because both of them needed to use the restroom.) In desperation, John's Father was called home from work to rescue the two culprits. Once the two were safely down from the shelf, the most urgent needs were attended to, but how do you seperate the two?? The key was still no where to be found!! As they contemplated their options, the little girl stuck her hand in the back pocket of her jeans. "Oh......." A stunned hush fell over the room as she pulled a small black key out of her pocket. Ooops!!

So........which Ulmer girl do you think found herself in such a scrape???? :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about the question again a few days ago, and then I thought, "Oh, it's probably Noah!"

Anonymous said...

That picture is so sad! Poor little guy!

Anonymous said...

And thirdly :) my guess is Lydia???

Anonymous said...

Oh....My word Elizabeth this Triva Tuesday's question is worth posting for nothing less then how hysterical the story is....but it's impossible to guess simply one girl... several come to mind....I'm going to have to think about this one for a while, and in the meantime I'll have a good laugh over it!=)

Love--Your Adopted Sis'

Anonymous said...

Haha. that would have to be Tabitha.

Anonymous said...

Hello....
The Mayo's say...
"Rebecca"...umm look where all that fussy got them! Smile!
Love you,
Mayo's

Anonymous said...

I have absolutely NO idea!! I guess I'll have to say Esther??!!

Ali

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the picture is so SAD! He looks so "pat-hetic"! haha

Anonymous said...

It was Elizabeth, and she smiled the whole time!

Anonymous said...

It's got to be Lydia!

--aleks k. said...

I think it was Lydia (but I have no idea)

Aleks K

Anonymous said...

Well....I have decided to make my guess...and before I go on I will say that though Rebecca, Lydia, Elizabeth, and Tabitha were definately in the running for me...Esther was my first instinct, so I'm sticking by that...I don't really think that it was Phoebe, Charity, and probably not Tabitha, because then I think a older one would have babysitted while your mom was at the prenatal, and not someone else! Somehow when I read the story Esther was the first one that popped into my mind, so I'm sticking by her!

Love---Your Adopted Sis'

Anonymous said...

I think it was Elizabeth!

Josiah and Abi Wissmann said...

When I first read it, Lydia rushed to mind!:) And I decided not to be swayed by everyone else's guesses after I read them. Besides it's just for fun, and that's the best part! Thanks Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

Hello to Elizabeth! Thanks SO much for the really sweet blog comment. :) I'm honored that you've been a lurker, haha. Hope you have a peachy day!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to say it was Lydia. Then again I have a slight advantage with this question. :)

- "John"'s Sister -

Anonymous said...

I couldn't say it too soon, but . . . wasn't it actually Rebecca?

- John's Sister -