Friday, January 11, 2008

Ulmer Times.

Silas trying on Tommy's slippers!!

Playing Spoons- the beginning of the game-

Everyone fighting to get a spoon!!

Eating breakfast and visiting!!


Tommy is a master at card tricks!! Here Charity is practicing one he taught her!
Last week-end we were delighted to have Dad's brother and most of his family (we missed you, Shawn and Ashley!!) come for a visit!! They arrived Friday afternoon just in time to get out in the field and do some deer hunting, as Uncle Bernard and Tommy both had tags to fill. Tommy got his first shot off that night, but they never found the deer.
Saturday we spent a good part of the day hunting and as the light faded away that evening, we were successful! Uncle Bernard and Lydia were both able to bag a deer! Tommy got another shot, but although they searched for quite awhile, they never did find his deer. The hunters brought their trophies back home before we headed to a local gym to spend several hours playing volleyball.
After a rather late night we were sad to see them go when they headed back to the airport Sunday morning.

What better way to start a new Year then to spend time with people you love!!!
The hunters from L-R Lisa, Tommy, Seth, Micah, Uncle Bernard, Joshua, Lydia and Moses!

Thanks for coming, We Love you Guys!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of fun with your family!! I love the picture of "Spoons" - it looks very fun!! Did anyone get pulled across the table?!

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

*almost*!!! Lydia was very nearly in Tabitha's lap as they wrestled for the last spoon!! Seth was still gone that night and I think that Tommy was glad that he wasn't in danger of being hauled through the air!!! :)
Miss you Too!!

Anonymous said...

spoons is always a dangerous game when we play! :-) We always have people on the floor, or across the tabel etc, it's great! :-) The hunting sounds like so much fun! I didn't get to go much this year, but next year I am determined to!
Oh, I got your letter, and will try and respond to it really soon!

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures!
Thanks for posting them, Elizabeth!

Anonymous said...

What a nice note you sent, Elizabeth. (I'm commenting here, because your email bounced.) I got a chance to look around your family's blog and I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing it with me. That is so neat about your sharing a name with my daughter. I'm running on 3 hours of nonconsecutive sleep right now, so my perspective is skewed. It's nice to see that things do indeed get better, and that your mother is a blessed woman!

Amber said...

Hi there! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I hope you check back often! Your blog is going in my favorites right now! I love all the pictures! I'm sure you didn't know that after seeing mine!

We love playing spoons too, at least everyone else does...I always loose....hehehehe It looks like you all have a great family!

Have a blessed day!