Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Labor Day Fun..

Last year our family spent Labor Day week-end at home; enjoying family time and roofing a new shed. This year Daddy had a list of projects for us to tackle over the course of the week-end, so hammers pounded, chainsaws buzzed, mowers hummed and faces smiled as we crossed project after project off the list!! Of course, every so often we'd take a break for an acitivity or treat Dad had planned- Ulmers love brownies and ice-cream!! Dad and Seth both had off Saturday and Monday, and Noah was able to get Monday afternoon off, so we had some great family time!!

Finding our front flower beds was a adventure. But after 13 million weeds, 17,000 grasshoppers and 1,600 spider webs, we finally found the flower beds again!! :)

Seth mowing.

With lots of little trees to be cut down, Moses kept busy with the handsaw.



Seth and Silas fixing the mower!! Thanks guys!


Our Little Mechanic!!


Mom shampooing the carpet!


Cutting stumps.


Hanging Gutters.


Silas doesn't like to get into the pool, but he likes to kick with his feet!!

What a better way to end the day then a dip in the pool with Daddy?!?!


Phoebe, Tabitha and Charity enjoying some sister-time on horse-back!!


Aunt Tabitha and Paul!



"Open up your mouth Paul!!"
One night after supper we had pudding cups. Silas and Paul were sitting next to each other and Silas began sharing his pudding with Paul. He would get a spoonfull, taste a teeny bit off the end of the spoon, and give the rest to Paul. It was precious to watch them!!

7 comments:

Crooked Stream said...

GREAT WORK! Everything must look so nice and fresh! =) Are you all tired out now? =) I would be!
Have a wonderful rest of the summer, Elizabeth!
Love your friend, Kami

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Wow, you guys sure were busy!!!

Silas is SO CUTE!!! I've been thinking about him so much lately - can you believe it's been almost a year since I last came to your house? I've been thinking about when would be a good time to visit . . . . . Now that we have play practice twice a week, I'd probably only be able to come for 4 days (which doesn't make sense if I'm buying a ticket!) so I was thinking maybe I should just wait till the play is over (the plays are Oct. 18th -20th), and then I could come for a week. Unless a week is too much for you guys and you'd RATHER I just come for a few days!

Do you guys have anything going on the end of October??? Let me know what you think of that whole plan . . . . .

Anonymous said...

No Ali, I think we can only handle you for about 48 hours....No, I'm joking!! Of course we want you to come for a week- would 10 days be asking too much?? Maybe you'd get tired of us!! :)
So far we don't have anything going at the end of October, as far as I know. But we'll be butchering chickens with Wissmanns (if they can get free) the first or second week in November....
Of course, Silas wants you to come for his birthday, but that's right in the middle of the play performances.
Talk to you Later,
~Elizabeth
P.S. It was fun to chat with your Mom last night!

~AliisaJoy~ said...

I left LOTS of notes on my cbox for you, just so you know!!!

Oh, I would LOVE to come for Silas' birthday . . . . hopefully soon after. Does he still remember me?? His little "HI" in my letter was SO cute!!

I could never get sick of you!! I think 10 days would be so fun, I'll have to talk to my parents . . .

So how long did you talk to my Mom last night?? She made it seem like it was a quick "Hi, bye" thing. I guess not!! I was going to call you tonight, but in your letter you said you had company, so I thought I'd better not. Hopefully SOON we can talk!!

Love and miss you lots and lots and lots and .. . did I say lots?!

Anonymous said...

Aw, look at all that good family bonding going on! I bet it feels good to have accomplished so much!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that your computer is bag amongst the living!
I always enjoy keeping up with you guys through your wonderful posts!

Lots of love from the Vernon clan!

Heather:)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those pictures! Especially the last one...and the one of Silas helping Seth. He really looks like he was helping! (was he?)
[smile]