Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Another picture-less Post.......

I'm sorry. I love posting pictures, but until we get some things on our computer working right, you will have to satisfy yourself with a verbal update, and wait a little longer for the pictures.
On our computer, we have a filter on the internet, which recently has been denying us access to our blog, friends' blogs or anything that has to do with blogger.com (you bloggers will know that to post, you have to login to blogger.com, which is why I haven't posted). We have contacted our filter server, and they are going to adjust our filter so that we can access our blog once more. Hopefully, they will make the needed alterations and we will be able to return to using our home computer for blogging soon. Until then, I am taking advantage of the computers at a local Library (and immensely enjoying the High Speed Internet!!!) :)

Last week our last steer went to the locker. We had the locker kill and quarter him for us, and then we cut the steaks and roasts, and ground the beef. The fresh beef sure is tasty.
Esther and Elizabeth enjoyed a couple of days up in Seward, NE, visiting friends. They went up with the Ansons, leaving Friday night and returning Sunday evening.

The garden is flourishing-starting to produce those yummy vegetables our family loves. The peas are all gone now, but we have cabbage and broccoli coming in yet. We harvested the beets, and after eating many of them that day, froze several gallons. Esther has been able to have one of her favorite veggies- steamed summer squash and zucchini (don't forget the Parmesan cheese on top!! :), and the first cucumbers are on the table. Noah also harvested all the onions and garlic.

The Farmers Market continues every Friday night, where Noah sells eggs, surplus garden produce (there really is no such thing as surplus vegetables around our house!!!), and cookies and Esther sells her enormous (and delicious!!!) cinnamon rolls and fresh bread.

We are down to 50 some birds left to butcher this next week. We planned to only raise birds for our family and some friends this fall, but because of the huge demand we faced with orders, we are going to do a couple hundred birds again this fall. We have been butchering 2 days per week for the past 2 months, and it will be nice to have those days freed up again. We won't be raising birds this July or August, as the heat stunts their growth too much.

Our family all enjoyed watching our traditional 4th of July video- "Gettysburg". After a huge supper with the Ansons, we went to Bern and sat under a fantastic display of fireworks. Noah made a special treat - homemade ice-cream!!! :)

Well, time for me to sign off. Stay tuned for pictures- we will post the ones we've been saving up for the past 10 days as soon as possible! Have a Wonderful Day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance that you met the lovely Britt while you were in Seward? ;-)

Brittney said...

Hey, I missed you! I wish I would've known you were going to be in this delightful town. I would've loved to meet you!!!

Oh well. Maybe NEXT time. ;)

Can't wait for your internet to be up and runnin' again!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I can't believe how long our Moms talked for today!! I didn't even know she was talking to her until they'd been talking for a while, when she told me who it was. I was shocked! And then I was anxious to find out WHAT they were talking about. I hope something works out for us to get together!

Until then, I hope your internet is up and running soon! And, I'll be looking for a thick, white envelope . . . . (actually, forget the envalope, I only want what's INSIDE of it!)

Love Always,
Aliisa

~AliisaJoy~ said...

Hi Elizabeth!!

Guess what! I have a blog on blogger.com! It's www.aliisajoy.blogger.com

I already have a picture on it!

Love,
Aliisa